Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Google to Twitter to Blog: How I Found A New Resource

I started following all of my classmates and professors on Twitter. Then, I followed some celebrities and comedians. But I didn't know who else to follow. So I Googled it.

I searched for "English Teachers to Follow on Twitter". And I found this. A huge directory of teacher sand professionals on Twitter. There was to much to follow, but it each person's descriptions. So I hit ctrl+F (Find) and searched for books and content I was interested. And I continues browsing.

Then, I found @MrsOrman, a high school English teacher in Illinois who loves teaching The Hunger Games. THG is a popular book series with a movie coming out later this month. They are a relative modern classic, I had a great time reading them, and I am excited by the thought of bringing them into the classroom. Her blog has even more great resources and lesson plans.

So I tweeted Mrs. Orman: "As student working on my teaching credential, it is really inspring see someone use THG to excite students! Thanks for the blog."

And she sent back: "Thank you! It's too great NOT to teach. :) Good luck with your schooling, by the way."

By making these connections to a teacher across the country and I found access to her blog and lesson plans via teacherspayteachers.com, a way to share LPs and reward leading educators. When it comes to clinical practice and full time teaching, this is a great resource to share ideas and collaborate with other create/passionate people.

No comments:

Post a Comment