Wednesday, February 15, 2012

EDSS 546B Reading Response #3


Select one of the templates from “They Say/I Say” and create/develop a writing assignment for that template from your current placement.

Writing Assignment for Day 6 of Intangible Destinations unit.
  Based on Section Four of They Say, I Say, I would like to use the templates and structure to have students respond to an essay. The piece is titled Where are all the time travelers? by Simon Rich. This is something I would like to teach during the ITU I am drafting with Julie Vaccaro. Rich’s essay preposes reasons for the likelihood for time traveler in a humorous way.
  I think this would be a great starting point for students to begin thinking about the possible of alternate dimensions and traveling between them. Along the way they can respond to this article, which has a clear message, by agreeing with or arguing against Rich’s argument.
  Students would be responsible for using the templates for disagreeing, agreeing, or a bit of both and sharing what they think in an original way. I would want them to know it is not just a matter of filling the blanks of the template sentences, but to some up with reasons to support their argument, which is a key skill to any writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment