Wednesday, February 1, 2012

EDSS 541 Reading Response #2


READ Baldwin, Keating,Bachman (BKB) Ch.7 pgs 164-179 & pgs. 315-326
COMPLETE Activities 7.1 & 7.2, pgs. 172-173

7.1
  1. It is still early in the semester, but Julie and I, who are working at San Dieguito Academy, have tossed out some resources we could use. We are versed in the content standards of our subject material and have begun to look for other material we could use. She has had great insight and found a book called Flatland, a text dealing with math that would be relevant for high school students. I think this is a great starting point for our higher thinking skills.
  1. Reading comprehension, literacy, critical thinking, applications, textual analysis, storyline, logic
  2. I think I need to make more time for face to face meetings to look over the ITU assignment and decide how we are going to complete it and find the be learning outcome for prospective students and ourselves. I want our final product to be cleaver, all-encompassing, and original. Just like the previous reading response, this is going to require a new way of thinking.
7.2
How do Math and English relate?
How do I apply a text to myself and the world?
What practical skills come from Math and English?
What processes are used in addressing a problem?
How is possible to over-think a problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment